With Rosh Hashanah behind us, it’s time to plan for Yom Kippur. Yom Kippur is not about food. However, eating before the fasting begins is as much of a mitzvah as the fast itself. It should be a full holiday meal.
When it comes to breaking the fast, most families stick to dairy meals, which can be a bit easier on the stomach. This week, we’ll be featuring several recipes for your break-the-fast meal. Here’s what’s on our menu:
- Parsnip Bisque from Kosher By Design, page 65
- Orange Cornmeal Bread from Kosher By Design, Short on Time, page 222
- Berry Filled Mini Kugels from Kosher By Design Entertains, page 241
- Salmon Salad with Carrot Ginger Vinaigrette from Kosher By Design Lightens Up, page 128
- Thai Quinoa from Kosher By Design, Short on Time, page 234
- A make-your-own ice cream sundae bar for dessert
What’s on yours? What not-to-be missed item makes your post-Yom Kippur meal complete?