This post comes from the upcoming release “Kosher By Design: Teens and 20-Somethings” by Susie Fishbein and published by ArtScroll Shaar Press. Preorder your copy today and receive free shipping within the continental U.S. on your entire order from ArtScroll.com.
With Rosh Hashanah behind us, it’s time to plan for Yom Kippur. Yom Kippur is not about food. However, eating before the fasting begins is as much of a mitzvah as the fast itself. It should be a full holiday meal.
When it comes to breaking the fast, most families stick to dairy meals, which can be a bit easier on the stomach. This week, we’ll be featuring several recipes for your break-the-fast meal. Here’s what’s on our menu:
- Parsnip Bisque from Kosher By Design, page 65
- Orange Cornmeal Bread from Kosher By Design, Short on Time, page 222
- Berry Filled Mini Kugels from Kosher By Design Entertains, page 241
- Salmon Salad with Carrot Ginger Vinaigrette from Kosher By Design Lightens Up, page 128
- Thai Quinoa from Kosher By Design, Short on Time, page 234
- A make-your-own ice cream sundae bar for dessert
What’s on yours? What not-to-be missed item makes your post-Yom Kippur meal complete?